BCS@Home is proud to offer a premier online education option for families that desire the flexibility of schooling at home while having their children instructed by certified teachers. Our teachers have a wealth of online teaching experience and create optimal online teaching environments while caring for each student’s needs. Parents continue to be an integral part of their child’s education as they collaborate with teachers in their child’s progress and success. The degree to which parents are assisting with their child’s education will vary depending on their child’s age, learning needs and grade level.
With online education, students in grades 7-12 will receive the required Alberta Program of Studies courses and a choice of available options. Curriculum is delivered through synchronous and asynchronous lessons through our Learning Management System, Moodle. This system gives students and parents the access to course materials, assignments, grades and teacher comments at all times.
- BCS@Home, Alberta certified teachers are responsible for program planning, instruction and assessment of required core and elective courses following the Alberta Program of Studies.
- The curriculum is delivered both synchronously and asynchronously to allow for flexibility and optimum connection with each student.
- BCS@Home will provide all curricular resources required for online courses – no out-of-pocket expenses.
- Regardless of grade or program, all students and families are invited to attend regularly scheduled field trips, monthly parent Coffee ‘N’ Connect days, athletic programs, F@B Friday enrichment classes, and more!
- No tuition is charged for our Online Distance Education program .
- Technical Requirements must be met. Required Technology Requirements For Online Learning