Traditional Home Education
Home education recognizes the central role of parents in the education of children. As a parent, you know your child better than anyone else and have the deepest amount of care and love for them. Home education allows for an individualized tutorial environment that builds a love for lifelong learning and instills your family values while supporting the unique and special ways that God has created your child. A BCS@Home facilitator visits twice each year, and provides ongoing support, feedback and assistance to the family as requested.
The most fundamental characteristic of a home education program relates to responsibility for supervision and instruction. When you opt for a home education program for your child, you have the responsibility for planning, supervising, and basically running your child’s education program. Either you or someone you have selected will deliver the program to the student. As a supervising school, we will support home education in a number of ways. Please see the Home Education Rights and Responsibilities document for more information on the rights for both parents and BCS@Home as a supervising school.
- Students in Grades 1-12 can be reimbursed up to $901/student in funding to cover field trips, curriculum, events, and other learning materials or activities that support the student’s education plan.
- Students in Kindergarten can be reimbursed up to $450.05/student in funding to cover field trips, curriculum, events, and other learning materials or activities that support the student’s education plan.
- Facilitators are supportive of home education, parents, and students, and are informed about the special characteristics of tutorial learning
- Facilitators support student learning by offering assistance and advice to parents providing home education programs
- Facilitators conduct two reports of student learning and progress each year
- BCS@Home provides ongoing information to parents about the services and opportunities available to families through the school
- Regardless of grade or program, all students and families are invited to attend regularly scheduled field trips, monthly parent Coffee ‘N’ Connect days, athletic programs, F@B Friday enrichment classes, and more!